Old December 7th 03, 08:31 PM
Whunicut

I found a set of 0-320 cylinders for sale from a cherokee 140 with I
think it was an E3B engine. Will these fit any 0-320 engine or are
there different cylinders for every model number.
Drew

What I should have said is I've also found an 0-320 narrow deck engine
that needs cylinders. Are the 2 compadibal.
Drew

The Piper Cherokee 140 and Beechcraft Sport 150 used the 0-320-E3D which are
probably the cylinders you have. Dont think there ever was a -E3B.
The -E3D is the -E2D but with 3/8 prop flange bolts.
Lyc engines produced before 1965, or thereabouts, were "narrow deck" engines.
After `65 the cylinder flanges were made a little wider and were called wide
deck engines.
Only sure way I know to tell if your cylinders are compatible with the engine
is to check part numbers.