Old February 1st 05, 06:19 PM
Shawn

root wrote:
Shawn wrote:

Flap settings? Turbulatoers?

I don't have any info about that. Anyway in most flight manuals
for flapped gliders I have seen, there is only one polar (or zero)
for the whole speed range, the glider being assumed to be flown
in every part of this range with the "appropriate" flap setting.
I think it is a bad thing, as only from separate polars for each flap
setting can this appropriate flap setting be deduced, but things are
what they are.

I agree. Given no other information that's what I'd assume too. Do you
know if that data reflects the use of turbulators? My understanding of
Mosquito history is that once the need for turbulators was recognized it
significantly changed the performance and "personality" of the glider.

Shawn