Old October 20th 03, 11:24 PM
Guy Alcala

BUFDRVR wrote:

They might be looking to take a few more of the
10,000km records with payload from the B-52H which currently holds them

Lots of luck, those records maxed out the B-52H unrefueled range, unless
they've installed new engines in that Bone making it 50% more efficient I don't
think they've got a chance.

From Paul Hirose's post it appears that they aren't going for the 10,000 km
records. Personally, I'd think that capturing the record for 10,000km at 1 and
maybe 2,000 kg. payloads might be doable, given ideal conditions and very precise
flying rather than any improvement in engine sfc. But maybe the 10,000km/no
payload record was already on the edge of what could be physically achieved, and
there's no room for improvement.

Guy