Old July 26th 03, 05:28 PM
Richard Kaplan

"Randy at Home" wrote in
message le.rogers.com...

That must be it. I flew in back in 1998 and the GA ramp was closed, so
Ground put us beside a jetway to clear immigration. It was pretty funny
looking up at the jetway from a P28R wondering how to get up there. We got
the $25 bill too, about 2 months later without ever going near Signature.

That is an interesting throught in terms of how this happened . I did,
however, call Signature by phone after I got the bill and say I did not use
their services but instead did just a landing and a taxi back for takeoff; I
was told I would not have been charged the fee unless my airplane physically
touched the ramp. I had to speak with the manager and told him I was only
briefly on a tiny part of the ramp to do a U turn and he said OK he would
"let me get by" this time but in the future if my wheels hit their pavement
then the full ramp fee is owed. I remember this well because this event
more than almost any other Signature policy convinced me to avoid Signature
anywhere and everywhere I go if there are any options.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com