Old March 5th 04, 07:04 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 04:20:43 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

Then plug that onto the battery, plug a blade-type auto fuse of the
appropriate size into the other end, and what used to go onto the battery
onto the other blade of the fuse.
Now, when something shorts, life won't be nearly so exciting. The spare
fuses also go in the bag, of course.

We've talked about it, but didn't think of the blade types...
Hmmm...

Used the mini-blade fuse holder when I reworked my electrical system for
the new transponder. I really like them; I have always had trouble with
the conventional plastic in-line fuse holders getting brittle with age.
These are really nothing more than a couple of quick-disconnect type
connectors molded inside a plastic shell. Cost about $2.

The only drawback is that it's hard to pull a fuse out. I never can get a
good enough grip; I always have to use a pliers. But then, if you blow a
fuse, you generally are going to need some tools to fix the underlying
problem, anyway....

Ron Wanttaja