Old March 9th 05, 05:56 AM
BTIZ

sounds to me like he really does not want to sell...
or is afraid of the outcome of the prebuy inspection..

things probably seem "out of hand" to the seller because he is not in
control..
hopefully you can recoup the cost of the canceled airline tickets.. but
doubtful

BT

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
We got closer this time. We actually had our verbal offer accepted.
That's progress (for this, the 2nd offer we've made on an Arrow).

Things were going well into the weekend. I'd tweaked the prepurchase
agreement from the seller, made plane reservations to fly out and
see/fly/touch/smell the plane, setup the pre-buy inspection, provided a
preliminary timeline to the seller...phew, lots of work.

Sunday evening, I sent the modified prepurchase agreement to the seller
along with a proposed timeline for the pre-buy. Monday evening...wham,
the seller suddenly decides things are out of hand. I get a left hook to
the chin e-mail, completely out of the blue with all sorts of concerns and
a final suggestion that maybe it's better if everyone walks away from the
deal. Whaaaaa...huh???? Houston, we have a problem.

I called my partners and their opinion is pretty much "fine, we keep
looking"...but...I'm not ready to walk just yet. I checked into the
possibility of moving the pre-buy up a day and/or my travel out a day in
order to make a better overall timeline. It's a no-go on both accounts so
the only option is to stick with the original plans. By this point, I
know it's a dead deal. It's just a matter of confirming that fact with
the seller. The seller and I finally talk via phone and, as expected,
we're done. Oh, he gives me a line "If you can rearrange your travel and
the plane is still available, sure, call me back". Ya, whatever.

Actually, I'm fine with everything. As many folks have advised me, you've
got to be able to walk away if things go south or just don't feel right.
Sure, it's frustrating to spend so much time only to walk away in the end
but, really, given how things suddenly came unglued on this deal, I'd
rather not buy this particular plane.

Ah, this airplane buying stuff...it's a hoot! :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Arrow Buying Student, current on base percentage: 0 for

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci