Old November 22nd 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Peter Duniho

Default Problems with FS10

"PPSEL-student" wrote in message
Ok Fair enough.........do you have any examples?

X-Plane, for flight sim. Linux, Mac OS for operating systems.

IMHO, more people should put their money where their mouth is, and stop
buying products that they rant about. Marketplace competition only works
when consumers vote with their dollars. Using the software illegally is not
an ethical option, nor does it put any pressure on the publisher to improve
their products.

If you think Microsoft's software is so bad, the best thing you can do to
improve the situation is give money to their competitors. Microsoft will
either make their products better, or their competitors will take over.
Either way, consumers like you win.

And what gave you the idea I was stealing, A friend gave me a XP Pro
Corporate disk to try out, It is intended to be used on more than one
computer. He and I simply didn't realise that the VLK was no longer valid
and I could not upgrade to the SP2.

Even ignoring the fact that I doubt your computer was covered under the
original corporate license agreement, the fact that the license was no
longer valid for upgrading to SP2 indicates that there was no longer a valid
license for that installation of the OS, and thus you were in violation of
the license agreement.

Running software without a valid license is piracy. Aka "stealing". You
may not have understood the legalities, but that doesn't change the nature
of what you were doing.

Pete