Old April 28th 07, 06:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

Default An Interview With Chuck Yeager

I served in Vietnam with loyal Americans who spent WWII in internment camps.
Their parents were second generation Americans who owned orchards in
California, which they were required to sale at a great financial loss.

Like them I am a third generation American with German ancestry. Why were
they interned and I allowed a normal youth? Were they less of an American
then I? If so, why?

Bye the way, one of my friends with Japanese ancestry also spent time in
the Hanoi Hilton. When his mother was interviewed by the news media she
stated "you know, this is the second time he has been a prisoner of war.
The first time was in Idaho."

I am saddened that there are people who still don't see the injustice in the
mass internment of west coast US Citizens with Japanese ancestry.

Wayne
CDR USN (Retired)

"Snidely" wrote in message
We were absolutely justified in locking up Japanese during the war, to
suggest otherwise is retarded. Unlike the so-called "wars" the US has been
in since then, WWII was a fight to the death. When up against a capable
and ruthless opponent that thinks of all others as sub-human, there is no
room for any PC bull****. Those that applauded that day understand this.

Any Japanese (or anybody else) that are offended by this need to read some
history about how they (the Japanese) waged war at that time. Our locking
up a few people was absolutely harmless in every imaginable respect in
comparison. Don't believe it? Start reading. As good a place to start as
any is what is now called "the rape of Nanking".

wrote:
And he's a bigot. It's a shame to see that someone who was promoted up to
Brigadier General in the USAF could still hold such attitudes. Two years
ago
at EAA/Oshkosh, my wife and I went to see him give a talk titled "Best of
the Best", expecting it to be a motivational speech. He spent the first
10
minutes in a racist rant justifying locking up Japanese-Americans in
concentration camps during WW2. We were more than a little bit offended.
Several people of apparent Japanese descent got up and left. When he
finished this rant, we were disappointed that a number of people
applauded
Yeager. We stayed awhile longer, and he began telling war stories about
being shot down and evading capture during the war. His language was
foul,
and he came across as an arrogant asshole to us. We got up and left a few
minutes later. I won't bother seeing him speak again.
Scott Wilson