Old March 21st 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wright1902glider

Default alum tube ac construx hardware- saddles source

On Mar 19, 4:22*pm, "Maxwell" luv^2^fly^99@^cox.^net wrote:
"patrick mitchel" wrote in message

I have a freind that wants to build *aluminum tube type homebuilt. He wants
to use ultralight/ hanglider type fittings for the hardware. What are the
most common north american sources online for the hadware connectors
(saddles etc.) * * * * * Thanks in advance Pat

Try the obvious - Wick's and AS&S. Saddles were in the catalogs a few
years ago when I was looking for them. Probably still there. Even
though there has been a lot of streamline tubing incorporated into the
newer topless HG's, all of the lower performance ships still use round
tubes and saddles, i.e. there's still a need for spares.

I would also expect to find all of the SS tangs, cable hardware, etc.
in there too. The last I bought was in 2003 from AS&S in Georgia. The
US Hang Gliding & Paragliding website might also be helpful if you
need something really special: www.ushpa.aero

Harry Frey
USHPA #79944