Old July 5th 05, 07:33 PM
ShawnD2112

Congrats to both of you! Notice any change in fuel burn?

I lost 40 pounds over the last couple of years. The Pitts is definitely
more spritely at the top of the verticals than it used to be. I can do some
cool gyro stuff I don't remember doing before!

Shawn
Lighter than when in high school

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Results: went from 200# to 189#. I think if I decide to throw a little
exercise in there I would probably drop another 10#. We'll see. I am jsut
happy as hell to be below 190#

Thanks Jay for starting me on this journey!!

Awesome, Jon! I didn't mean to start a new "Pilot's Diet" here, but what
the heck.

BTW: After several months, I'm still with it, and expect to be for life.
The strawberries at this time of year are awesome -- big as plums, and
sweet as candy. I'm munching on them all day long, am never hungry (I
throw in apples, bananas, and an occasional flavored rice cake once in a
while, for variety), my blood pressure is normal (the whole reason for
starting this, as you may recall) -- and, best of all, I'm at my target
weight of 175 pounds!

I haven't weighed 175 since COLLEGE, 23 years ago. It's an amazing
feeling, having your pants fall off without a belt! :-)

23 pounds have melted away, almost without effort. I'm never hungry (did
I already say that?), and I still eat one "normal" meal each day, which
can include ANYTHING. Cake, pie, ice cream, beer, margaritas, fried
chicken -- who cares? Whatever you want to eat, it's yours, cuz you've
eaten nothing but healthy fruits all day long, eliminating tons of fat and
calories from your diet.

Knowing that the "Reward Meal" is waiting at the end of the day makes
eating fruit easy -- especially when I'm literally gorging myself on the
stuff. And something interesting I've discovered: After a month or two of
eating fruit all day long, your capacity for greasy fried foods goes way
down. You would think I'd be absolutely stuffing myself with cheesecake
at the end of a "fruity" day -- but that's just not the case. I don't
know if your stomach shrinks, or if your tastes change, or what, but I'll
sit down ready to really go at it, and I'll be full LONG before I expected
to be.

And, finally, no more Tums, Rolaids, or Prilosec every night, because I
don't have acid reflux anymore. That has been an unexpected and VERY
nice side effect.

I think I've stumbled across the easiest, most successful diet, ever.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA