Old September 18th 09, 06:03 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dennis[_6_]

Default Sub-Launched SAMs

Gordon wrote:

My theory is because they know that in general, P-3s and other ASW air
assets work alone. I know, I know, we practice all sorts of combiney
type ops, but in the real world, the only times I ran into Soviet
submarines, we were the only thing local. Blow us out of the sky and
you'd have at least an hour or so to deep and go hide. For sub
hunters of my era (1970s-1990), the Kilo with its SUBSAM and the
probable fitting to the later Victor IIIs and Akulas were a real cause
for concern.

The voice of experience! There you have it.

Dennis