Old January 14th 13, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Default Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

3U,

Thanks for the info. First, it looks like I will be running my MRX off the AA batteries next year...

With that being said, since my squelch is still a bit sensitive (even with the MRX off the circuit), I'll be looking at other improvement opportunities (thin power wires, etc.). The PNA is now powered off a LX Nav V7 so I want to believe that it is not the source.

There was a time where the PNA was powered of a "cigarette lighter" 5V power supply and I can confirm that it was an RF hell...

Thanks,

Bastoune