Old November 12th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Aircraft Spruce Rant

I think the magic word is "Saturday"

We arrived at ACS yesterday-- Saturday to pick up our FAXED order and
nothing but blink stares-- deer in the headlight looks.

So we'll pick it up tomorrow-- Monday.

I seem to recall having had problems picking up FAXED WILL CALL orders
on Saturday; in the past four years of building and completing the
RV-7A.

So, get the magic FAX number for Saturdays or expect to NOT have your 28
item order ready.

my minor gripes are long phone waits (long distance, cell) most days
after 1:00pm pst, high prices, published price plus 10% and "the
customer always made the mistake in ordering attitude."

The guys at the counter over the years have really been helpful though.
EXCELLENT-- But Gawd I hate hearing the horn. BEEEEEEP

FWiW