Old October 17th 04, 03:30 AM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 10/16/04 7:27 PM, in article , "Jack &
Bev Biagini" wrote:

In watching JAG over the last few years, these lawyer types address Petty
Officers as Petty Officer "So and So". I had a "Crow" on my sleeve for 2
years and was never addressed as Petty Officer, nor did I ever hear anyone
else called a Petty Officer.
Of course this was back in the late 50's when female sailors were "Waves".
Is this the new and improved Navy or is it just the blackshoes?

I try to use "Petty Officer Smith" or on rare occasions (even though I feel
lazy when I say it) I'll address by rate--e.g. "Good morning AD1." I never
have used (and except for boot camp don't hear the enlisted folks say "Yes,
Petty Officer" or "No, Petty Officer." i.e. Without the last name.

--Woody