Old February 24th 04, 06:33 PM
Doug Easton

I've used http://www.petersontransport.com/ to move my trailer on a
low-loader flatbed east to west; they did a good job for me. Make sure
everything is well strapped down and padded inside as the ride can be worse
than behind a tow vehicle (you may be sharing space with someone's boat and
your trailer may be at the end).

Doug

"Jeremy Zawodny" wrote in message
I've been shopping around for used gliders and one of the factors I need
to consider is how far away it is. Obviously, if it's far away, I'll
need to get someone I don't know to do the pre-buy inspection and will
pay more to get the glider to me.

My local FBO says that $1/mile is a good figure to use when estimating
the cost of getting a glider from point A to our gliderport in California.

Does that seem about right?

Also, what options are available for transport?

I've heard of hiring someone to tailer the glider. I've also heard of
folks using a freight company, where the glider trailer gets loaded onto
a trucky [preumably].

Any pros and cons to these methods?

Thanks,

Jeremy