Old August 14th 03, 05:04 PM
John Ross

"Greg Burkhart" wrote in
news:E7B_a.138125$o%2.58777@sccrnsc02:

Could it be similar to the Mayo One helicopter?
http://www.mayo.edu/mmt/mayoone_indepth.htm The one I saw refueling at
FRM last Sunday was a twin tail jet helicopter. Once it took off, it
got about 1/4 mile away and then couldn't be heard...

"John Ross" wrote in message
. 3.6...
Several times over the last few months, I have heard what sounded
like a small bizz jet overhead, and gone outside only to find that it
is some

kind
of a helicopter. I can hear almost no rotor sounds, just the light
roar

of
a jet engine. The only distinguishing feature (to my eye) is that it
has two parallel vertical tail structures, kind of like on an A-10
Warthog,

but
very much smaller.

It looks like a normal commercial 'copter, other than that. Does
anyone know what kind it might be?

That's the one. Here is another picture from the Mayo One website
http://www.mayo.edu/mmt/mayoone.htm

It looks sort of like the Hughes 600N
http://www.ae.gatech.edu/research/rcoe/ahshome/600n.jpg
but the tail surfaces are graceful and finlike, not stubby.

Thanks,
John Ross

ps. I want a Cartercopter.