Old October 6th 04, 04:13 AM
W P Dixon

I looked at the Savannah myself, I just had to being a Georgia boy by birth!
HAHA From what I could see of it in the pictures I saw I really liked it.
Glad tompet cleared up some differences to the 701, because my first thought
was how similar they were. I guess when it comes down to it alot of planes
are very close in resemblance to another, good to see some actual
difference.
I will check into the king KT-76 transponder as was mentioned earlier in
the thread. The avionics is really going to be the old budget buster for
me..but I don't want junk either. That's a fine line in avionics ,
affordable----junk. HAHA
Bob the KIS is a nice looking bird, darn good cruising speeds as well!
Wish the sport pilot thing would allow alittle faster and heavier. I don't
know if I would enjoy all the composite stuff. I learned after 20 years that
I hated messing with fiberglass and such...it just ate me alive! Some people
it doesn't bother, and I do feel it's a good material to build with. It just
itches me absolutely to death..no matter how much I cover myself! No I won't
do any body work on vettes either..I itch thinking of it! HAHA
"RobertR237" wrote in message

Hello Gang!
Just dropping a line to find out what projects people are working on

in
the group. Have not seen alot of aircraft talk , just rambling about Zoom
etc. Even my inquiry about the Mini-Coupe became a boater talk session !
HAHA Myself I am interested in the Hummel Ultracruiser Plus, Sonex, and

the
Mini-Coupe. Any input on those birds would be appreciated. Also if there

are
any avionics techs here could you reccommend a good transponder

w/altitude?
Avionics is definitely my weakness! Doing the retired thing so of course

will be looking for good deals on avionics and good tips to spend my

money
wisely. Yeah we all know , the wisest thing is not sink money into a

plane
...but heck we just can't help ourselves can we?!?

I let my web site do my talking about my project. I think you will find

plenty
there to keep you occupied about home building a great 4-place composite
aircraft for at least a few hours.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)