Old December 8th 03, 06:33 AM
John Ewing

"L'acrobat" wrote in message

"John Ewing" none@needed wrote in message
u...

Well, even if I totally disagreed with his assessment I see more value

in
debating the issue than a moronic personal attack.

I am still waiting for Howard to say 'no' just once to a Bush proposal.

And
I am not holding my breath.

and what would that achieve?

Bush and Howard are both conservatives, in general terms they believe in

the
same things.

I'd have to say your statement is generally true!

Should Howard tell Bush to get stuffed just so people who haven't thought
the subject through, are placated?

No - you've lost me with that one. I just believe Howard should not feel
obligated to follow every proposal put forward by the US. Perhaps you are
more confident than me that Howard has always placed Australia's interests
ahead of keeping the US on side. Missile defence as an effective strategy
has been challenged by more brilliant minds than yours or mine. Be
interesting to know whose technical advice Mr Howard sought? Or did the US
conveniently provide that for us as well.

Perhaps Cardinal Pell should tell the Pope to FOAD on the issue of gay
marriges on the same basis?

By all means - if that suits your argument. I certainly wouldn't look to
the church for examples of moral leadership or freedom of speech. Never had
a good record for tolerance of other people's views.

Cheers,
John