Old November 1st 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_2_]

Default PowerFLARM

Am 01.11.2010 18:37, Greg Arnold wrote:
Toward the bottom of this page:

http://www.gliderpilot.org/FlarmExternalDisplays

is a picture of a SeeYou screen displaying Flarm data. I don't
understand the situation involving the glider that is displayed as
"Enemy." If it is 466m higher than "my" glider, why is it a threat?

Each FLARM has an ID (RadioID) which is normally displayed as one of the
features of the target. In the SeeYou software you can categorize the
different targets as "friend" or "enemy". This is independent from the
fact that they might be considered a threat by FLARM. It simply lets you
identify your "buddys" or your "opponents" e.g. in a contest on your
SeeYou screen. This is similar to the "Team" function in the Butterfly
display.
--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE