Old September 9th 03, 02:28 AM
paul k. sanchez

You mean after the initial "software" training, they need an additional 3 full
days every 6 months for recurrency?? For the $4200/year I sure hope you're
talking about training for the Collins ProLine bizjet gadgets and not the
Garmin 430...

Good evening Marco:
If you were to purchase an $1.6m aircraft such as the meridian, or a $2.6m such
as the TBM700, and you had the financial resources not to need insurance
coverage, then I would very much agree with you that you have no need of my
services.

As long as insurance underwriters are very skitish about hull values of $500k
or more, there will be initial and recurrency training requirements for the
policy to be effective. The insurance underwriters choose which training
programs they approve, the client choose which one he will get the training at.

If you object to my syllabus having 5 days to be proficient in the software, or
even the 10 days for initial training in the make/model you are of course
welcome not to use my services and even publish your dismay about my rates as
much as you like.

I sincerely hope that you have found a training environment that meets yours
and your underwriter's needs.

Perhaps you might take the time to read the 22 august 2003 FAA safety study of
what they call "Technicaly Advanced Aircraft". The safety study looked at 11
accidents with the SR20 and SR22. 10 out of 11 were found to have pilot
deficiencies in the software and aircraft. Interestingly this pretty much is
contrary to your opinion but perhaps you do not own an SR20 or SR22.

But of course this is only my opinion and my clients tend to agree with me. And
at my rate of $700/day I am not going to hold my breath waiting for your call.

Fly safe by knowing what safe is.

paul k. sanchez, cfii-mei
on eagles’ wings
2011 south perimeter road, suite g