Old November 16th 19, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default In flight phone/camera charging

Ouch!!! Your not kidding garmin is proud of there little panel mount!! While their connector looks real slick and may have better shielding than the norm, at a price of $350 I think I will pass and keep my cig lighter port that has worked flawlessly for the last 6 years. lol. I guess they think they need that kind of price to justify/reclaim the expense encured getting that FAA approval. Or maybe they can charge that much simply because its an “aviation” related item. I will wait for them to market the same connector for the motorcycle and auto market, the price will then be about $40.