Old January 3rd 20, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default AIR control display with Becker RT6201

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 5:17:06 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Anyone have experience using the air avionics AIR control display with altimeter key and remote Becker 6201?

Is the ACD "friendly" to manage radio functions?

I have the ACD on a Becker (no altitude key). It is a *great* way to control the radio, better than the Becker front end. If you also use the altimeter functions on the same head, you lose some screen area to it and in my opinion some useful functionality. This is shown well enough in Air's documentation.

I'll take the opportunity to point out that you need not have a remote Becker to do this (for some reason at least here in the USA the remote costs more). Just unscrew the face from the Becker, unplug the front panel, throw it in a drawer, and plug in the ACD. It may be wise to make a cover for the open holes in the front of the Becker chassis. That is what I did - there is no difference between that and a remote Becker.