Old December 8th 03, 02:29 AM
Bob Gardner

You are taught pilotage as a shield against the day when you computer flight
planning software crashes. You do need something to fall back on.

Bob Gardner

"Nasir" wrote in message
news
Having received my PPL recently and been on several cross countries, I was
wondering how extensive of a flight plan do people prepare before the

trip?

Do you guys do all the checkpoints on a map, calculate time/distance/fuel

each leg? Do you just draw the line on the map and mark checkpoints that

you
expect to see but not calculate other things? Do you always calculate

winds
aloft and fly the appropriate heading?

I have found myself getting lazy and I dont do all that I did when

planning
x-countries when I was training. I tend to draw my line and mark
checkpoints, make sure I have plenty of fuel to get to my destination

(plus
an hour more) based on 6gal/hr average. But I dont calculate
time/distance/fuel to each leg. I also have a GPS so that makes getting

lazy
easier!

How much do you all plan before each x-country? Am I the only slacker?

Nasir