Old January 2nd 05, 10:58 PM

RobsSanta wrote:
Looking for suggestions for a good pair of gloves that could be used

for
flying. I have seen these NoMex gloves a lot on eBay but haven't

decided
yet .

Any suggestions ?

Rob

Rob
I've used the military Nomex gloves for many many years of flying
airplanes and helicopters. Always wore them while crop dusting to
prevent sweaty hands from slipping on the controls when I was flying
just off the deck. Used them in corporate flying as well for take-offs
and landings for the same reasons. Flew into humid areas a lot and we
could feel the humidity pervade the cockpit as we got below about
3000'agl.
I found over the years that those gloves lasted about 5-600 hours
before the finger tips wore out on the thumb, index and middle fingers.
Those offered by FlightSuits Ltd are the best on the civilian market
and go for about $30. They last longer than the military gloves too and
come in a variety of colors. A good friend of mine gave me a pair of
black nomex gloves for "night flying".....
Well worth the price. Happy New Year
Ol Shy & Bashful