Old May 12th 05, 10:24 PM
gatt

"John Clonts" wrote in message news:h0Wfe.49172

A colleague today was describing a movie from "10-15 years ago", which

included a guy in the belly turret of a WWII bomber whose landing gear had
been shot off. His harness is also stuck. Being an artist, he draws a
drawing of the landing gear, and the the plane lands on the "animated"
landing gear.

"Amazing Stories", by Spielburg. Was a TV series in the '80s.

I remember watching that one with my grandfather. After the show he told me
how when they were coming back from bombing Gdynia, Poland, their gear was
out and his friend Jim Holt was stuck in the ball. (96th BG, 337th Sqd,
Sept '43)

Talked about how they managed to crank him loose as they came over the wash
and made a belly landing on the base. No sooner did they get out of the
plane...had just barely dropped their harnesses...an officer told them to
pose in front of a different airplane for a crew photo which angered all of
them. I still have the photo. Compared with a previous photo, it's
abundantly clear they'd had a rough day.

His response to the TV show was along the lines of "wouldn't that be nice?"
Also, the waist was much wider than IRL.
-c