Old July 7th 03, 06:57 AM
Jughead

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
rthlink.net:

"Jughead" wrote in message
.21...

And how much personal experience do YOU have with the military? I've
been an active or full-time Reserve airman for 8 years now. I can
tell you that affirmative action has nothing at all to do with what
positions blacks hold in the military (or at least the Air Force).
Those who have advanced through the ranks have almost certainly
earned the privilege to have been promoted to whatever their rank may
be.

Since you mention written tests, however, active duty airmen (E-4 and
up) have to take 2 written tests each cycle, if eligible for
promotion (based on Time In Grade requirements), to attempt to get
themselves promoted to the next rank - one the Skills Knowledge Test
(SKT) and the Performance Fitness Exam??? (PFE). Both factor heavily
into scores used in determining who gets a "line number" for the next
rank and who doesn't. Many who DO get line numbers are black or
otherwise non-white.

So take your ignorant, racist BS somewhere else. Or better yet, grow
up and learn to accept the fact there really are many decent,
respectable, and even smart minorities out there.

Why don't you read his message again?

I read it several times. Am I confused with what he's getting at or are
you the one who's confused? I interpreted his post as being anti-
affirmative action (which I'm completely against myself), but done so in
what I perceived as a racist tone. ????? What did you take the post to
mean?