Old November 5th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Larry

Default Plexiglas cement??

On Nov 5, 2:37?am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:09:01 -0800, Larry wrote:
I am planning a "touchy" repair job to my canopy. I've done some test
sheet acrylic bondings with acrylic IPS Weld-On (#16). I don't like
the ugly bubbles and noticed some fine plexiglas stress cracking on
one test piece. Is there another sort of cement (eg. Weld-On #40)
which would make for a better looking bond between 2 sheets of .080 in
plexiglas? Thanks.

Larry

isnt chloroform a thin solvent suited to wicking into plexiglas
cracks?

Stealth Pilot

Stealth: Yes it is but my repair patch is not a perfect match due to
curved surface so some air pockets would prevent complete wicking. I
thought maybe a thicker solvent could possibly work better. It is not
a structural requirement. Thanks

Larry