Old November 5th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Turk[_2_]

Default Precision Airmotive LLC

"Ernest Christley" wrote in message

You may be right, Alex, but after reading the article Cy referenced I have
to ask myself if Precision really does deliver carbs with loose screws.
If that truly is the case, then they deserve to be submarined. The article
indicates that there is a history of problems that Precision and Teledyne
couldn't be bothered to deal with. This sounds like the actions of a
company with monopoly power, ie, "We don't need to fix it. Who else are
they going to buy from?" Our liability laws are screwy beyond belief, but
knowingly putting someone else's life at risk deserves severe punishment.

I read it too. Keep in mind that this is on the winning lawyer's website,
not some independent observer. It's a commercial, not a report. This is what
they managed to convince a jury of, not necessarily what really went on in
day-to-day business. Mind you, if Precision had really done this then
thousands of aircraft engines would sooner or later fail due to this. Also,
thousands of owners and A&P's would have failed to notice the 'problem' for
years. And if this had been regular occurance do you think the FAA would
*not* have sent out an AD to check this? Highly unlikely.

The problem is with the lawyer system and the way it allows ridiculous
claims to be honored. With all due respect, I think $53.000.000 is totally
insane for a lose screw that could have been detected by proper maintenance.

Rob