Old July 3rd 03, 03:08 PM
Kevin Brooks

Binyamin Dissen wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:50:00 -0400 Peter Kemp
wrote:

:On 2 Jul 2003 17:45:33 -0700, (Quant) wrote:

(Kevin Brooks) wrote in message . com...

: Yep. We give the Israelis beaucoup bucks, and they turn around and
: sell their most advanced military products to the PRC while
: simultaneously engaging in espionage activities here in the US. One
: hell of a two way street you got there.

:1. The money America "give" is subsidizing the American industries and
:hurting the Israeli industries.

:Ten why does Israel accept it? Is the government really that stupid?

It allows the Israeli government to defer hard choices.

And, yes, it is stupid.

:Or are they grateful for the aid in filling a big hole in their
:budget?

Some are.

Some aren't, because making the hard choice would be much more beneficial in
the long term and thus accepting the money ends up hurting.

:2. Despite the fact that the American industries are heavily
:subsidized they can't compete against the Israeli industries in price
:and in many cases in quality.

:And yet the Israel products repeatedly lose out to US products that
:are "inferior" and "more expensive".

False.

Of course you can attempt to prove me wrong by supplying examples, but
supplying proof is rarely the interest of the typical Holocaust denier.

How ripe (and unfortunately, to be expected). Anytime someone is
critical of Israeli policies, or dares to differ with an
Israeli/Pro-Israeli, the old "racist/Holocaust denier" card is whipped
out. I mean, how DARE someone have the temerity to disagree with
Israeli policy--obvious evidence in that of a deep-seated
racial/religious prejudice.

Is it just me, or is there a serious logical disconnect in that
reasoning path?

Brooks