Old January 24th 05, 09:32 PM

Default FAA-NTSB

I wonder how close the FAA and NTSB work together, one is after the
fact and usually a result of improper before the fact procedure.
My gripe is with the FAA, I know of a company that is submitting
flasified data, can I prove it...yes if I had access to several areas I
will never have access to. What does the FAA do about it now that they
know..they agree its a broken system but they are powerless to police
it...they have to wait until a pattern of accidents points to what I
have been trying to tell them for several months now. How many of us
have has forced landings that we don't care to report to our local FAA
office...yea yea I know the rules but so does the company producing oil
coolers in Ohio that ships oil coolers without proper corrosion
protection. Tell this to the guy that fly's the islands ingesting salt
air into his cowl that has to water ditch because he ran out of oil
when corrosion ate through the oil cooler...NTSB isn't goin to dive
3000 feet to investigate this one so they get away with another one and
just say "the paperwork submitted "appeared" to be in order.