Old July 10th 03, 02:24 PM
James M. Knox

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in news:behdld$nn0$1
@slb6.atl.mindspring.net:

Vaporizing excess fuel (or water) lowers cylinder preasure, it does not
raise it.

Okay... why?

Agreed that each GMW vaporized will absorb some heat, and lower
temperatures (for a given trapped gas) reduces pressure, but each GMW that
is vaporized also represents a substantial increase in either pressure or
volume.

So again, why? [I'm perfectly happy to be wrong, but what you say would
seem to go against every chemistry and physics class I've had over half a
century. [Okay, some of the teachers probably weren't very good, but I
think the basic physical laws are still true. G]

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
Austin, Tx 78721