Old March 1st 04, 01:33 AM
Robert Bates

There have been quite a few that have been relisted several times. I have
also read some stories about airplanes with "histories" that appear on eBay.
I must admit though, I look at them frequently, along with the Yak 52s and
AN 2s in Russia but haven't had the courage to go any further.

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
. com...
Most of the ads on there that I've seen (haven't looked recently) included
right to a complete pre-buy inspection. The seller only wanted an escrow
deposit to prove good-faith on the part of the buyer.

I probably won't use that means, but I think it might really be worth
considering if you have the time and contacts to keep yourself protected.

--
Jim Carter
Seen on a bumper sticker:

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Musings..

How stupid would you have to be to buy an airplane sight-unseen at Ebay
motors? Just marginally stupid or something close to incredibly stupid?

I'm not going to do it.. but it is temping to throw a bid in there.
Russian roulette, yeah, but, heck, there's 6 cylinders in a revolver.
:-) Seriously, I'd guess it's pretty rare for somebody to really get
burned that way. Especially since any dishonesty would be grounds for a
lawsuit. But, I don't want to be one of the unlucky "few"..