Old August 19th 03, 05:56 AM
David H

C J Campbell wrote:

This happened a couple of weeks ago. I was out with a pre-solo student doing
maneuvers when we saw a Bonanza pass by us on his way to Shelton. We headed
back to Tacoma Narrows and as we pull onto the ramp we hear the Bonanza
requesting assistance from the tower because he cannot get a gear locked
light on his nose gear.
Then we get an A&P on the radios. He makes several suggestions and none of
them seem to work, either. The fire trucks finally arrive and the Bonanza
pilot prepares for a gear up landing. The A&P suggests one last try at
manually extending the gear, this time at minimum controllable airspeed. The
mechanic says he has had similar experiences in other Bonanzas and that slow
airspeed seems to be the key. That works! The light comes on and the Bonanza
makes a normal landing, stopping on the runway. Not taking any chances, he
has his gear pinned and the airplane towed off the runway.

We all go home, glad that everything turned out all right and privileged to
watch these people all working together to make sure that things went the
way they did.

Cool CJ. Glad to hear it worked out.

Hey, I stopped in at TIW on Saturday - my first time there in probably a year
or so. Do you work out of the FBO there? Looked like a decent operation.

David H
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying