Old August 5th 04, 08:43 PM
gatt

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message

American envy German freeways, and let me tell you it isn't just

Germany.

After a look at the accident statistics, you wouldn't anymore. I vastly

prefer
long distance driving in the US to Germany. You can't go really fast in
Germany anymore anyway,

Interesting to hear it from a German perspective. Haven't been there, but
everybody always raves 'Those Germans, man...those people know how to haul
ass and THEY don't have accidents.' Heh. Maybe it's just Porsche envy.

Do we have other regulation? Oh, yeah...the FCC is fining potentially

every
TV affiliate that aired the Superbowl because Janet Jackson exposed a

breast
at halftime. Now...I've SEEN German MTV...

That's not a problem of regulation, IMHO, but of the US "way of life".

Well, we're a "free country" that was founded by people who were largely
considered too religious and fundamentally weird for the english. :

-c