Old November 28th 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
akalten

Default Can I check something with you guys [Solved]

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:06:59 -0700, Norm DePlume wrote:

Hello,
I agree with you that such differences are, as you said, "very apt" to
go unnoticed, although I suspect there are some who would notice. I am
reluctant to use absolutes in cyber conversations, as they are
frequently considered provocative.

Human imagination can be wanton. If you present a more or less random
pattern, such as an ink blot, to the average person, he is likely to
discover many things within the meaningless form -- but such things
will have no basis in reality. That's why we always need an objective
measure.

Cyber conversations can be problematic for the same reason. If one
seeks provocation, perhaps only unconsciously, then one will tend to
discover provocation whether it exists or not.

Science is more than a white coat and a job in a laboratory. Science
is the ability to discover what really exists despite the trickery
of imagination.

AK