Old March 18th 05, 01:48 PM
Murmur

ha scritto nel messaggio
ps.com...
I tried to fly the Cessna 152 with CH Yoke & Pedal. However, I have a
problem that I don't understand. Unlike the real airplane, this one
keeps go up and down for no reason even if I let go the yoke. The RPM
did the same thing, up and down. In the real airplane, I either go up
or down, depend on the position of the yoke & trim. So I wonder what is
wrong? Please comment.
Thank you.

Maybe the phenomenon you are experiencing is the so-called phugoid, that is
a series of oscillations in IAS and altitude when hands-off. It should be
experienced in real life too (please note I'm not a pilot, just an aerospace
engineer), maybe in FS04 it's more pronounced because the controls are more
sensitive, whereas in real life the airplane maybe is more stable and
probably there are continuous little corrections on the controls.