Old November 20th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Default OLC Problems

Greg Arnold wrote:
Tim Taylor wrote:
I get on about 50% of the time. Does anyone know how to contact the
admins for the OLC, I have a flight with a zero score that I don't know
how to fix.

Don't bother to contact the OLC admins in Europe -- I have 4 flights
with zero scores, and they don't know how to fix any of them. Doug
Haluza in the USA is doing a good job, but he doesn't have the access to
the website necessary to fix the problems.

Recently, the website seems to be down every evening in the USA --
almost like the people in Europe turn off the server when they go to
bed. Maybe they are trying to conserve electricity.

There is a problem with the OLC production server crashing, and they
have not been able to reproduce the problem on the development server,
so this will be a difficult problem to fix. In the mean time, it has to
be manualy rebooted when it crashes. The OLC team does get an SMS
message whenever this happens, so there is no need to notify them; but
someone has to be near a computer to fix it. Naturally if it happens
late at night, it does not get fixed until the next morning (German
time).

There are also problems in the scoring algorithm causing some flights
to get zero score. As the problems are fixed, the flights will be
re-scored, as some have been already, so please be patient. Keep
claiming your flights, since they can't be fixed if they are not
submitted by the Tuesday 24:00 local deadline.