Old May 17th 18, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

On 05/15/2018 01:35 PM, wrote:
I got my simple answer about the apparently non-existent larger size LiFePO4 battery.

Regarding the ensuing discussion, I didn't go the LiFePO4 route a few years ago even though the sentiment at the time seemed to "it's a no brainer; just do it." The current sentiment seems to be a bit more nuanced, which is good to know. Thx, all, for the candid inputs.

Chip Bearden

Right, some people are discovering that comparing preposterously
optimistic data sheet numbers of lithium batteries against actual
performance of SLA's isn't a valid comparison. Not everybody of course.