Old July 21st 03, 08:28 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:08:32 +0200, "Andre" wrote:
"guynoir" wrote in message
Salem Farm & Garden wrote:
Does anyone have a link for the site that listed the weights of
certified and experimental engines? I can't seem to find it again.

http://www.wanttaja.com/avlinks/index.htm

This is interesting...
I've always accessed the same page via this link...
http://home1.gte.net/ikvamar/avlinks/engines.htm
I wonder what's the story?

Simple enough. While my account is on GTE (Verizon) and my user name is
"ikvamar" (14 quatloos to whomever can identify this reference), I
registered the "wanttaja.com" domain and signed up with an outfit that
offers free forwarding. Hence, going to any "www.wanttaja.com" page
automatically forwards to the equivalent "home1.gte.net/ikvamar" page. It
used to forward to "www.halcon.com/wanttaja" until I changed ISPs a couple
of years back.

This allows all the links to work even when I change ISPs...assuming the
user has bookmarked the "wanttaja.com" address instead of the
"home1.gte.net/ikvamar" one. The forwarding service forces the use of only
a single page title...watch the window title when you access my engines
page via the two links.

It's not the same as having gen-u-wine domain hosting, but it's almost as
good. Doesn't cost me anything but the ordinary domain registration fee.
There's probably a better way, but this has (mostly) worked for about six
years now.

Ron Wanttaja