Old July 30th 05, 03:17 AM
Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Michelle P" wrote in message
nk.net...
Amendment not scheduled after 02Z (closing time).
Michelle
Ref Section 4 Page 3 AC00-45E

Amazing, isn't it, that after nearly forty years of broadband
communications, they still use phrasing(?) from the TELEGRAPH days.

And they wonder why pilots often fail to read that crap.

What is the alternative? Undecoded METARs/TAFs?

I can't stand wading through an undecoded briefing where I have to pick
through "Wind" and "Temperature" and all of that unnecessary verbal
nonsense in order to get the information. If you learn to read
undecoded METARs/TAFs, it's pretty easy to pick out a lot of information
very quickly.

JKG