Old November 14th 17, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Six gliders stolen - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub - gliding club in Denmark

On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 8:01:03 PM UTC+3, son_of_flubber wrote:
Reposting for a friend:

"Aviator - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub", a gliding club in Denmark, just lost all of 6 airplanes, that were allegedly taken out of their trailers and loaded onto a truck. Local police is currently investigating. The theft happened between monday Oct 30th, and thursday Nov 2nd.

The stolen airplanes we
Duo Discus T (OY-RAX)
LS6 18w (OY-XRG)
LS4 (OY-XRF)
LS4 (OY-XPX)
DG 400 (OY-XPD)
Pegase (OY-RGX)

Please share this information with everyone you know in the gliding community.

https://nordjyske.dk/nyheder/svaevef...d-2be63a73eb54

This seems to be pretty widely known in the general community.

I happened to be in Faaborg (about three hours drive from Aalborg) on the evening of November 6. I saw three motorcyclists parked on the waterfront, One of their bikes looked identical to my old 1995 BMW R1100RT in NZ, so I stopped and approached them. Turned out that bike was a '96 and had at that moment 99970 km on it (mine is about 140000 I think). But I digress. Amid the usual bikers chat I mentioned I fly gliders in NZ and one of them immediately asked if I knew about the six gliders being stolen...