Old July 14th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Zenith 601 builders!!!

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
I would say though that 2 guys who had done it before...

Yes, but having "done it before" imparts a huge advantage, an advantage that
few (amateur) homebuilders will ever truly see.

Back when I was in charge of a shop that did repetitive radio installation in
fleets of police cars, we found that the first installation of a group could
take several times as long as the last installation. The learning curve can be
an amazing thing.

Vaughn

Without a doubt. Perfect example. The first wing I built (the left one)
took me a solid 3 months of weekends. They right wing took less than
half that.

Which brings up an interesting question. There is often a complaint that
the 601XL plane flys "left heavy." I wonder if this is because we don't
build it as well and it isn't quite as good an airfoil as the right. The
build manual has the left built first so just about everyone does it
that way.