Old April 11th 05, 02:58 AM
BTIZ

if your club can not induce members with those cheap flying rates.. then I'm
not sure what would get them.. What is your "join up fee", because the
hourly rate is not the problem, try to rent a nearly new 172 anywhere else
for that rate.

What is the availability of the aircraft? hard to schedule with too many
members and not enough airplanes?

BT

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
What do you look for in a flying club? I am currently an officer in a
flying club and we are having trouble recruiting new members. What
would make you want to join a club?

I feel that our prices are the main deterrent. Students (this is a
school club) pay $60/hr for a C172 (dry), alumi pay $70, and all others
pay $80. This is for a 1998 in good condition. The instructors
usually give club members a reduced price (around $20/hr). The current
club members will also loan out all training materials to further
reduce the cost.

Our only current activites are tower tours and fly-with-me weekends.
We are in the planning stages for $100 hamburger runs with potential
members.

We are starting to look into purchasing a smaller plane (152/Warrior?)
to further reduce the costs. Has this approach worked well for other
clubs?

What other suggestions can you come up with?