Old August 10th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

Default OLV GPS 36 approach question

wrote in news:1155147361.341080.40380
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

The published intermediate segment after DOCAP has a published altitude
of 2,100, so the controller's instruction was appropriate. The
published altitude prior to that fix is for the holding pattern course
reversal, which you were not required to perform coming from the
straight-in area.

Hi Greg,

Bear with me as I am really trying to understand this....

Looking at the FAA version of the approach plate, profile section, it has
2800 to DOCAP, then descend to 2100 at CICAL for the final approach into
OLV.

Based on what you are saying, since I am pretty much a straight in approach
that it's allowable to be cleared by ATC below the profile altitude of 2800
10 miles BEFORE DOCAPS?

10 miles outside DOCAPS, my instructions were descend and maintain 2100,
cleared for the GPS 36.

Allen