Old December 29th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KM

Default Wax, Teflon, Wx?

Tim Mara wrote:
don't use the UV blocking claims of many products too seriously......many
products (even clear glass!) block some UV.typically UVA, UVB but few offer
real UV protection beyond that UVC is another more harmful source of serious
damage and few if any of the advertised products offer a substantial source
to block this range (Wx/Block and Wx/Seal does).

Amen to your comment about UV claims Tim.Unfortunatly Lacovara also
makes some pie in the sky claims his product doesnt back up.We tried WX
Block on our fleet and it just didnt work that well.To add to this, the
stuff is obscenely expensive when compared to the stuff that the gel
coat manufacturers recomend.

Looking at the way Wx/Block
actually does this (well beyond my knowledge of chemistry) is by actually in
layman's terms is by sacrificing of itself hence repeated applications are
needed to keep this high level of UV inhibitor active and this is why we
suggest repeated applications and annual/semi-annual rewaxing with Wx/Block
depending on the UV exposure.......and yes it also has a very high moisture
barrier included.

Tim, pretty much all of the waxes work like this.They start to oxidate
the minute you finish a wax job.
Happy Holidays,
K Urban