Old April 29th 20, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra Trailer Sidewall Seal Replacement Hints?

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 2:25:00 PM UTC-4, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
UH,

Thanks for the thoughts (and prayers).

I was wondering - instead of pulling the long seal into the top rail extrusion end to end - that we could "pinch" the seal's narrow edge and insert it bit by bit into the extrusion working along one small section at a time..

Also, how did you get the seal into the very front end near where the top and bottom come tightly together? Did you remove the top?

Dave rightly notes that I misinterpreted question as replacing the side trim strip.
Seal is done the same way but is easier because it is not as stiff.
You want to pull in from the end. Last bit in front is push, maybe with someone inside and one out.
You DO NOT want to remove the top. It is a huge ass cramp to get the hinges back into place because of the forward thrust angle of the lift struts.
UH