Old January 28th 05, 06:18 AM
Colin W Kingsbury

"mindenpilot" wrote in message

What really gets me is the $3.73/gal.
How can it be $1.00/gal more for fuel at an FBO that undoubtedly has

higher
volume than where I get it 30 miles away?
That is the part that is robbery.

100LL is now $4.40-something where I tie down at BED just outside Boston.
Fuel on Martha's Vineyard, which happens to be an island ten miles offshore
where fuel must be tankered in via ferry, is nearly a dollar cheaper. The
reason? BED is run by Massport and they have added a little vigorish to the
fuel bill since BED and BOS are the only easy ways into Boston by air. The
Vineyard (and ACK too) do not mark fuel up because their economies depend on
tourism and GA is a major artery for that.

All I'm saying is it may not be the FBO's fault.

-cwk.