Old May 4th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Red Bull Air Races in Detroit

Hey, that's the same year I saw them...and missed you and Mary by a day as
you guys had to scoot early. That was my second year at Reno and I
enjoyed both race styles.

Yeah, that's the year we had to leave on Saturday, ahead of a HUGE
early-winter storm system. Had we not left that day, we'd have been stuck
in Reno for weeks.

It would be cool if they could do a "Reno-style" air race somewhere else,
but the liability boys would have a field day. Wasn't it the old "Cleveland
Air Races" that experienced a terrible crash (into an occupied home) that
ended that type of racing pretty much everywhere?

Didn't they try to organize one last year (?) in rural Mississippi that
flopped?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA