Old March 14th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default dirty oil

Perhaps there are closer places you haven't found yet. I usually take the
containers to Pep Boys, but Checker Auto also takes the oil for recycling.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

"Ray Andraka" wrote in message
Montblack wrote:

("Mike Noel" wrote)

You carry those milk jugs over to the recycling center, right Montblack?

Yes, and it's best not to let (whatever) sit in a plastic milk carton for
too long. I've had them leak after a few months. I don't know what all I
had in one - or maybe it got kicked? All I know is, one day there was a
mess on the floor.

I store, and transport them, in a (cardboard lined) milk crate - trani
fluid, oil, anti-freeze. Each in its own jug.

MontGreen

the oil apparently breaks down the plastic in milk jugs. Several times
I've had them leak when they sat in my garage for several weeks waiting
for me to get around to burying them in the back yard (just kidding, they
go to the recycling center, which is inconveniently located across town in
the direction we almost never go).