Old September 25th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default Stripped Long EZ airframe - buy it cheap or it goes to the landfill

"Don W" wrote in message
t...

There's also the price at which it's just an insult. I figure it's worth
about $15k, if he had time to leave it on the
market. Feel free to offer him $20, but I don't think he'll take it.
$8k, he might.

He didn't build it. He bought it from someone else and hasn't worked on
it if I read his add correctly. Since he paid $14K for it, you could
argue that there is a market for it at that price.

However, unless you are financially independent it is never an insult for
someone to offer you their hard earned money for something you are about
to discard.

And for the posters who mentioned the potential for liability, see the
first sentence.

And anyway, I personally would not be interested even if it were given to
me free, with free delivery, because my wife would kill me for taking on
another project right now

I couldn't agree more with this message. Anyone can sue you for anything.
The best you can do is prepare yourself with enough documentation to
discourage the other side from trying through a preponderance of evidence
that shows the likelihood a judge won't side with them. Some people do that
with documentation, others do it by showing there are no assets the lawyer
can go for, and hence no money to get paid, and I'm sure there are tons of
other ways. People who can't handle the slightest possibility of a lawsuit
should prepare to destroy aircraft and lose their entire investment. It
appears those are in the minority though.